Yesterday, while the boys were sleeping I managed to finish Alex's quilt. For the past week I've been taking care of all the loose string, which wasn't a whole lot, but I wasn't eager to to it either, so I only did a couple here and a couple there.
The binding was a little tricky to figure out, since I didn't have a clue how a do it. So I looked up how to bind a quilt on the net and found that a majority of the site didn't have illustrations to go with the instruction is which what I needed, so I had to just wing it, which I think I did a pretty good job.
This is the material I used for the binding, you can't really tell that it is a satin looking fabric.
And the final look.
Oh yeah, we can't forget the back look it the quilt either!