Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Spring 2010

First of all WELCOME! I'm glad you stopped by.

This is my first quilt festival that I'm participating in and I'm very excited!

It was hard for me to decide which quilt to enter into the festival, so I decided to only go with quilt(s) that have only been worked on this year, which that helps elimate some of my enteries.

First up is the quilt that I made for my Aunt Fay...she was only person in the family that did not get a quilt made by my grandma (her mom). I worked on this quilt for about 3 or 4 months before I got all completed and just yesterday it was mailed out to her, making trek from Indiana to Arizona.

Nature's Notebook Quilt


Second is a quilt that I made out of charm squars and jelly roll strips that were purchased at Jo-Ann Fabrics....I thought I was getting a really great deal, because the prices were so cheap, but it turned out the the JR only had about 20 strips and the same with the charm pack. On the flip side though I was able to find coordinating fabric for the backing.

Exotic Quilt


Third is the quilt that I made for one of my nephews....I made this quilt twice since I had two nephews on the way, but only took a photo of the first one.....hopefully I can get a picture of the second quilt with my nephew, Landyn, enjoying it....he due to make his feature debut tomorrow, May 22, 2010.

Cheap Talk Baby Quilt x's Two





Well, I hope you enjoyed the quilts that I entered. If you'd like to see more of what I've done please have a look around....you'll notice that to the right is a list of finished projects for the year 2009 and what I've gotten done so far for 2010.

And don't forget get to check out the other entries of the quilt festival.






19 comments:

Jenny said...

great quilts Claire! I love the orange and blue in the last quilt! You have been keeping busy!

Katie B said...

I love all of your quilts, Claire, but Aunt Fay's is just spectacular. She's going to treasure it!

Mom said...

What lovely colors in the blue & yellow quilt!

margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Marjorie said...

I have a fondness for blue and orange together. Perhaps it's my affiliation with Boise State University.

In answer to the question you left on my blog...the pattern caught my eye b/c it was the first time I'd seen a single motif for the whole quilt rather than just 18" squares. And I fell in love with the crab and snails.

Carol said...

Interesting quilts. Absolutely love Nature's Notebook.

Angela said...

So sweet to make a quilt for your aunt because your grandmother couldn't! I definitely understand that. Oh and I'm originally from Indiana as well!

Thanks for stopping by my little blog and commenting on my string quilt! I love the colors in it too!

BJ said...

Your header picture cracks me up. Love your Cheap Talk Baby Quilt.

Anonymous said...

The baby quilt is fabulous! I love the orange/blue combo.

Kathy said...

Loved your quilts for the blogger's quilt fest. I especially like the first one that you made for your aunt. The colors look delightful.

QuiltSue said...

I liked all the quilts, but the last one was definitely my favourite.

Marit said...

Lovely quilts to share with us. I think the last one would be my personal favorite, just loved the colors you used in it!

; )

Leslie said...

these are very fun!!!

Laurel H. said...

Great quilts, very colorful; I think the Exotic quilt is my favorite!

Karen said...

Great quilts and lots of great colour. Like the block you used in Nature's Chorus. Great fabrics and colours for your nephews's quilt.

Shannon w/ Monkey Dog Quilts said...

I too shop at JoAnn's alot and usually have to make several trips. LOL! Love the quilts. Sew On!

Randi said...

Love the variety of the quilts and your header (looks like my corner too!).

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quilts, but what I love most is the name and header of your blog. How funny. How realistic--if we would all admit it.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I loved the Storybook Quilt challenge.

Sandra said...

what fun quilts, esp. like the diamond in square. Thanks for sharing.
Come see my antique entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com

Lauren Phelps said...

Ooo I love your Exotic quilt! The Zebra print looks great!