Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mary's Homemade Gift from ME

I've been so excited to post pictures of the cute bag I made for Mary, but









I've been waiting for her to post the picture first so that I don't give it away.

It is an Amy Butler Birdie Sling Bag made with material by Dena Designs for Free Spirit: Monaco.

I'm really proud of how the sides just happen to turn out, which I didn't even plan on happening.


Now, I made this bag first as a trial run, so if I make mistakes it's not going to be on Mary's bag. And wouldn't ya know, I made a BIG mistake, but the bag still looks nice.

The pattern is upside down...MoMo for Moda: Wonderland
The main part of the outside of the bag is Tea Time Tomato Twill and the lining (not pictured) is Mad Hatter Sugar. The band and handle is Mid Century Modern Strip Mustard by Kathy Hall for Andover Fabrics. I must admit that it looked like they might together, but now that I see the finished project, I'm not so happy with it.

Well I think I'm off to a great start for being a Beginner Sewer, but I really have to give the credit to Amy Butler who made the instructions to simple to follow that a beginner, like me, is able to make this great bag. I learned some new sewing terms as well, like, "Gusset", which I'm quite proud of myself for not messing up that part of the bag.

Well now I'm off to start another project or maybe I should finish one of the quilts that I've already started.

Thanks Mary for the inspiration of this great offer, now I can't wait to see what you come up with for me.

2 comments:

The Dapelo Family said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Also, did you notice the comment on my blog? You did a great job. The funniest part it I have the exact same pattern laying in my pile of things to try. I found it on am butlers site and have been itching to try it! Glad to see it is as cute as it looked. Any tips before I do one??

Claire said...

Make sure that when you line up the template with the fabric, that your fabric pattern is facing the right way, so that you don't end up with an upside down panel, unless that is what you are going for.