Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm On A Roll Folks!

Yes, I have another quilt top done. This one is for niece #2. It only took me about 4 1/2 hours and that is including watching the boys for at least two hours. (While they were finishing up their dinner I worked on it and while they were playing in the toy room. Mommy wasn't allowed to play this time because Alex, my 3 year old, said so.)

And I know that I said I wasn't going to post any pictures of the quilt because they are going to be Christmas presents, but I just have to show you all what I've been accomplishing.

Niece #1

This is the pattern that I used for her quilt, which you can find at Fat Quarter Shop for free!







Niece #2


And, this is the pattern that I used for her quilt, which you can find at Fat Quarter Shop for free!





Here is a better look at the fabric choice that I choose:

Calico Fabric - Pappilon Neutral
This BEAUTIFUL butterfly pattern I found at Joann.com. When I first saw it I knew this was the material that I wanted for niece #2's quilt, but I waited until the next to look for it at the store, which they did not have. So I went back on online to suck it up and pay the shipping cost, but low and behold this fabric was "OUT OF STOCK" and "DISCONTINUED"! I could have kicked myself for not buying it when I first saw it. But I kept searching the net everyday and also going back to Joann.com to see if they might of gotten a return on it. After about a week, I noticed that Joann.com had a fairly large quantity in stock, but it was under a different name. (Not sure it that really mattered.) So, you betcha, I snatched up probably more than what I needed, but I'm not going to chance it again. Now I just need some coordinating material to go with it. And luck for me I found a charm pack at Fabric.com that I thought went really well with the butterflies.

'Moda Aviary 5" Charm Pack, which has 42 - 5" x 5" squares for only $7.98. (If you think you'd like this, you better hurry as of right now there are only 11 packs left and then it will be removed off the site.)

Amy Butler Midwest Modern Fresh Poppies Fuchsia
I'll be using this for the backing.

And, since I bought so much of the butterfly material I'm hoping that I can use it to make a ruffle binding on the quilt. Because I have all the material for niece #2's quilt I can start on putting the top layer, batting, and back layer together this weekendwhen the boys are taking their naps.

No comments: