Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Smocked Pillow

For the last 3 days I've been working on another project out of the book "One Yard Wonder"!
This is what the project looked like last night before I went to bed, which took me about 4 hours to do. (Yeah, I didn't go to bed until about 12:30 am)


Here's a side view....and if you're wondering what I did, the direction said to smock the fabric and told you exactly how to do it, which was so simple!


Top view, with a fabric cover shank button, which I made myself, with the same fabric that I used for the main body of the project.


So...what do you think of the pillow I made....I'm thinking it's cool looking, considering I tried something new....ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Now if only it went with my home decor....I'd try to sell it, but the buttons, I'm afraid, are not as secure as they could or should be, and I just cannot sell something that I'm not 100% satisfied with...but I'm happy to have it in my collection of "First Made"!







6 comments:

Katie B said...

Get out of here! This is awesome! Was it really simple? It looks really complicated.

Claire said...

is was so simple...or at least I thought so....but I've seen what kind of stuff you make Katie, and bet you could make a pillow like this as well!

Lina Thomlinson said...

Gorgeous! What fabric did you use? I've got the same book and am starting to think I should try that pattern soon. Maybe you could give yours away on the blog, with the caveat that the button might not hold up to much abuse. I'm sure you'd have plenty of takers.

Claire said...

That's a great idea about the giveaway, I'll keep that in mind.

I used a geometric print from 'Olive Rose' by Valori Wells for Free Spirit.

Also...the directions said to remove the Tru-Grid, but I decided to iron it on always, which gave the 'quilt weight' fabric some extra strength.

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

this is a lovely pillow! It looks fantastic and terribly difficult.

Welmoed Sisson said...

I'm so glad you liked making the smocked pillow! That was the project I submitted for the book, and was thrilled to have it published. Yours came out beautifully! Brava!