Today while the boys took their nap, I was able to put the last of the binding on my quilt. I most admit that this has taken me a lot longer than expected, because I, as usual, did not measure properly and had to order more fabric, which was out of stock and had to wait two weks for it to come in. This you already knew if you've been following me blog....that's when I put together Jon's quilt, which he sleeps with every night.
So here is what my quilt looks like, which is big enough for our bed. Matter of fact, a little too big for the bed. To see large samples of the material I used, click on HERE.
4 - 7" x 2 3/4" sewn together along the long side; 2 - 9 1/2" x 2", again sewn along the long side.
I found the picture of the quilt pattern that I used, which can be found at e-PatternCentral.com. It's called "Spring Garden Path" and cost $2.49 + shipping & handling.
While I was waiting for my second batch of fabric to arrive, I did start on another quilt, which I prefer not to post any pictures, since it will be a Christmas gift for my niece. I am going to a quilt for all six of my nieces and nephews (3 nieces & 3 nephews). But I will show you the pattern that I am using, which can be found at fatquarterfactory.com for a free .pdf download.
So far I have all of the four bar patches done and half of the pinwheel patches. And again I must admit the pinwheel patches are taking a lot longer than expected. Since the directions call for 9 charm packs, and I am not using charm packs, I had to cut my own fabric, which I ran out of the cuts. I do still have the fabric, I just need to get motivated to some more. When I done with this quilt I'll be starting on my other niece's quilt, which will be using the following pattern for the same sight.