Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting Over My Artistic Block (of 3 years)

One thing that a lot of people do not know about me is that I'm a very artistic person. I use to the draw, paint, take pitcures, makes things from clay, make bead bracelets, etc. But for the past three years (ever since Alex was born), I haven't been doing anything like that, which could explain my recent funk that I'm in. I feel like something is missing in my life.

When I was in college, I got my Associates in Visual Communications Technology, which is just fancy for layout & design work, along with a little web deisgn, and photography. Before I graduated, I designed my own logo...I'll have to go through all of my boxes of stuff to see if I can find, so when I make my crafts for my post Pay It Forward, I can brand whatever it is that I decide to make.

What makes me mad about the bead bracelets, is that fact that I was so good at it, that I made about 20-30 bracelets/ankle bracelets for a friend at work...they were going to have a fund raiser for her niece so was very sick (I can't remember what she now)...my bracelets that I donated sold for $15-$20 each. All the procedes went to help the little girl. Well that was last time I ever did anything with bead bracelets, becuase still needed to finish school and then I got pregnant, which put everything on hold, even my bachlors degree!

So, now that I've got ideas in my head, I'm going to go write them down and start checking them off one by one.

No comments: