Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Quilt Already!?!

While I was looking for a pattern for Alex's quilt I came across and found a print that I really liked, so I bought some material.

For the past couple a days now I've been cutting the material down to size. (Yes I did find a pattern, but I can't remember where, but it doesn't matter, because I've changed the look and dimension.) And once again I didn't order enough fabric, but I also didn't know that I'd need a whole other panel either.

So, as of today, I've got the fabric cut, except the one panel that's on its way in the mail. I have done the first round of sewing, which requires 4 - 7" x 2 3/4" sewn together along the long side. (I needed 27 of these.) I then ironed the seams to all go in one direction. The panel piece I have cut the pictures out and sewn sides to them, which requires 2 - 9 1/2" x 2", again sewn along the long side. I also then ironed the seams outwards.

Eventfully, I'll have the sew 2 - 9 1/2" x 2" to my piece that has 4 - 7" 2 3/4", again along the long side. It's probably hard to imagine what I'm talking about, so I'll try to find the pattern again.

In the meantime, since I bought all the fabric off the net, I was able to save pictures, so you know what materials I am using.

No comments: