Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

In Over My Head

There are five days left until Saturday, December 6, 2008. You ask what is so special about that day??? Absolutely nothing, but I decided over a month ago to have the boys birthday party on that day...one week after Jon turned the BIG 1 and one week before Alex turns 3.

My problem??? My house is a disaster! I have been neglecting it for about a week now. Usually I do the dishes on Saturdays, but if I don't they can sometimes sit there until Monday or Tuesday night, which isn't a pretty picture. Just see for yourself.

This was taken about 20 minutes ago, just so that it would be up to date, but please keep in mind that I did make dinner on the stove.

Yes, I know that my kitchen is small. The dishes aren't the hard part...it's finding a home for everything on the counter where the microwave is. Much of it is paper, either from daycare, the mail, or my little grocery notes, which I always lose. ( I wonder way?) Well kitchen won't be so hard...just stick the dishes in the dishwasher, pay the bills, and the rest of the paper can go in the recycling box.

Onto the dinner room, which is where everyone will be for the food.

OMG!

I don't even know where to start here. The coats, hats, mittens, scarfs...they can all go in the coat closet. When I don't know where to put something it goes onto the kitchen table, until I can find a spot, but that never happens. I'll set it ont he counter top in the kitchen and deal with it last, but when I get to it, I out it back onto the table and say to myself, "Well, at least it's on the corner of the table and taking up a lot of space anymore." And then we start all over. We can't even have a family meal together, because there is no where for Andy to sit down. I bet you I could put everything on that table into a box and throw it away and I'd never know what I did or didn't get rid of.

The Living Room


Pillows go on the couches, but they only stay there for about 10 minutes, and then they are back on the floor for a crash pad. Toys just need to go in the toy room and the clothes in the laundry basket just need put away. But the desk does need some cleaning up. Everthing is piling up it and never getting to where it really needs to go.

And then the...

Toy Room


For those of you who don't know... The toy room was formly the master bedroom. We decided to give it up for the front bedroom on the other side of the house, this way the living room wouldn't have toys laying all over the floor. (Yeah....it's working great!).

I want this room picked up, so that the kids coming over for the birthday party can have a room to play in while eveything is being setup in the dining room.

I think that I have it figured out. I can tackle one room a night after work, which would also have to include to bathrooms and their bedroom. Since the living room isn't that bad, I can do that and the toy room in the same night.

So now it's time to get busy!

No comments: