Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday

I survived Black Friday!

I got up at 4:15 a.m. to start getting around. Since Andy didn't have to be to work until 10 a.m. I left the boys at home with him and promised him that I'd only go to one store and then come home.

I called KayC to make sure she got up in time. We got to Wal-Mart at about 4: 50 a.m. and they had already started the sale, which wasn't suppose to start until 5 a.m.

Well, I kept that promise, because we ended up waiting in line at Wal-Mart for 45 minutes. Turns out we got into the wrong line, we got the slooow cashier who was typing everything in, instead of just letting it scan the barcode. The poor guy behind me, all he wanted has a DVD player and USB flash stick.

From Wal-Mart, I went home and KayC went to Toys R Us. When she was done there she came and picked up me and boys, which wasn't until about 8:30 a.m.

Then we were on our way. I was going through the ads in the vehicle, when I noticed that one of toys that I just bought was $10 cheaper at Meijers, so I bought the top again and returned the one back to Wal-Mart the next day. And I thought Wal-Mart was always the lowest price, well were where they on that toy?

Then at Target KayC found the toy that she bought at Toys R Us for $15 cheaper. What really makes her mad is that she stood inline that whole time just for the one item, she didn't buy anything else there.

Now to Burlington Coat Factory. Where Alex picked up a really nice Pug Puppy Purse. I was and on phone with Andy at the time and he said, "No!" I wouldn't that Alex get that, that's just wrong.

By now the boys are getting hungry. It's almost 11:30 a.m. and they haven't thrown a fit yet. We got to Burger King where Alex eats only a couple of fries and drinks all of his chococlate milk. Jon eats all of his chicken tenders and some of my fries. Yes, was the responsible mom, who tore the tender into tiny bite size pieces, so that Jon could easily eat it. Don't know why though, Jon never ate those pieces, he wanted the whole tender intacted and he ate it that way. What was I thinking trying to play it safe? Jon didn't choke once on the tender like I thought that he would, but I was ready for him, just incase.

Next, to Kohl's. We get what we need real quick and were done! KayC couldn't go one anymore, she got a cramp in her right foot/toe and the boys were starting to fall asleep. So we head back to my house.

As soon as we get there Alex asks if he can spend the night with Grandma, which we can never say, "NO" to, so I let him. Alex also convinces KayC to take the dog, Buddha. I get his bag packed and then get my stuff and Jon out of the truck and it was time for some peace and quiet for me. I laid Jon down in bed to finish his nap and about three hours he wakes. It was nice to have some quiet time after such a long day.

No comments: