Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know we did.

My contribution towards baking was the Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Pie, that Andy had to go to three different Wal-Marts just to find me a 15 ounce can of pumpkin. Check out the recipe!
I made two pies, one for Grandma Fike's and the other for KayC's.

We first had to go to Grandma Fike's (Diane's mom) house. Diane told me that we'd be having dinner at noon. WRONG! I thought that I would be able to have a dinner there, but they weren't even ready to eat until about 1 p.m. By now Andy had already left to start for his mom's house beacuse she was going to have dinner at 1:30 p.m. Yes, Andy and me drove separate vehicles, because he needs to be at work by 5 p.m. Well I stayed until we had prayed, then I had to get the boys around to head for Andy's mom's house too.

Alex and Jon were a little annoying on the car ride. Who can blame them, it's about 1 p.m. and neither one of them has had lunch yet.

When we get to KayC's (Andy's mom), my mom was already there. We invited my mom and sister over, since they really didn't have any plans. KayC is always making way too much food, so I thought if we has a couple extra mouths we wouldn't have all this left over like the past years.

Afterwards. My mom, Laura, and me were in the computer/toy room playing with Alex and Jon.

Andy was sitting down and doing what he does best, World of Warcraft. Well he fell asleep and I knew he needed to be at work by 5 p.m. I checked the clock to make sure it wasn't getting too late. The next thing Andy knows is that I'm yelling at him in a panicky voice telling him that it's 5:30 p.m. He jumps out of the chair and starts yelling at me why I didn't wake him open earlier. The whole time I'm laughing my butt off and he can't figure out why until he looks at the clock and it says 3:30 p.m. Then a string of choice words come flying out of his month, but I don't care it was funny.

After Andy left for work, mom and Laura thought that they better get going too, before it starts getting late. And beside they know that KayC and me needed to go to Nana and Grandpa's.

We got to their house about 6 p.m. and everything was going great until Jon tripped over Alex and fell. Jon bust his face just under his left eye on the glass end table on the sofa. It imediantly started to puff up and turn black and blue. And what very, cranky, not-quite-one-year is going to let me hold an ice pack to his face for the swelling, but I tried and Jon refused. After he calmed down, he was playing again like nothing ever happen. Go figure!

Shortly afterwards, we headed back to KayC's house. I still had to pack the boys up and go home myself and get some sleep, so that I could get up the next morning and go Christmas shopping. Yes, I am one of those people who gets up early for Black Friday.

No comments: