Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at Nanna's

My mom decided to have Christmas this year on Saturday, December 27 at 1:00 PM, so if we wanted to do anything later on we could. She even nice enough to decide to keep the boys over night, which was exciting for me. Once the party is over I don't have to worry about feeding them dinner, giving them a bath, putting them bed even thought they insist that they're not tried, because they want to keep playing with their new toys. Instead, I get to enjoy my evening...I get to go home and relax, watch an R-rated movie if I want, have a beer or glass of wine (oh hack, why not both), and stay up as late as I want without having to worry about getting up in a couple of hours to start the next day all over again at 6:00 AM in the morning, because I get to sleep in. That's something that has not happened since the Jon was born.

So I'm suppose to be at my mom's by 1:00 PM and I haven't even left KayC's house, which by the way we are stay at until Sunday night. At 1:15 PM, my sister calls, but I miss the call because I'm getting the car packed and the coats & hats on the boys, which they do not even need on, because it's 62 degrees out. Yeah, I know, WARM! By 1:30 PM, I have got the boys in the car and backing out of the drive way when I noticed I had a missed call. So I call Laura and tell her to cool her jets, it's not the easiest thing to wrangle two boys ages 3 & 1, especially when they haven't had naps.

We finally made it to my mom's house which is only 15 minutes away in the next town over. While I'm getting everything into the house, my mom asked, "Where are the boys?" Are you kidding me...where does she think they are if they're not in the house already. Like I would have left them at KayC's to miss out on the fun of unwrapping Christmas presents or give up my night of freedom...she joking right? They were out on the car still because they haven't had naps and they fell asleep on the way over.

The boys had fun unwrapping their gifts, but I can't say the same for their cousin Hailey. She was getting more and more upset with every gift she opened because they weren't "The Little Pet Shop: DOGS" and she had told Santa that, that is what she wanted. How every disappointing at 3 years old. But after all the toys were unwrapped and surgically removed from the all the packaging, that you need a doctorates degree for the kids started playing with there new toys and soon forgot what they didn't get.


Click to play Christmas with Nanna '08
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: