Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jon: In Rare Form

For the past week Jon has been fitting a tiny cough and runny nose...not enough to concern me with taking him to the hospital.

While come Friday, it got so bad that I needed to give him a breathing treatment.

Then, yesterday, (Valentine's Day), Andy and me decided to go out for the evening, so we called his mom to see if she would watch the boys for us, and of course she said, "Yes".



My Saturday with Jon:
  • 7:00 a.m. - Was woken up by Jon's coughing, so I got him out of bed, got him some breakfast (dry cereal) and water.
  • 7:10 a.m. - Alex is now awake, so I get him up, and straight to the toilet to go pee (yes, we are in the process of potty training, which he has no interest in)
  • 7:20 a.m. - Put pull-up on Alex and change Jon
  • 7:30 a.m. - Breathing Treatment, with repeated nose wiping
  • 8:00 a.m. - Get breakfast for Alex.
  • 8:05 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Wipe Jon's nose that has snot dripping out of it the color of pea soup (life id GREAT)
  • 8:35 a.m. - Make oatmeal for myself before I go exercise for the morning.
  • 8:36 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Wipe more snot from Jon's nose
  • 8:46: Get a couple bits of oatmeal in and then realize that I need to get ready to exerciser class (thank goodness I didn't need to take a shower before, since I'll just be sweating like a pig afterwards)
  • 8:55 a.m. - Out the door and to Jazzercise for an hour. (YES, an hour to myself, with no interuptions. Sure I have my cell phone on me, but you can't hear it over the music)
  • 10:15 a.m. - Finally in my car and on my way to the store to have Jon's Pulmicort refilled for the upcoming week.
  • 10:45 a.m. - Pulmicort in hand and on my my home.
  • 11:00 a.m. - Arrived home and as soon as I'm through the door the boys are ready for lunch (chicken nuggets, fries, and pears)
  • 11:10 a.m. - Back to wiping Jon's snotty nose
  • 11:30 a.m. - Sit boys at table for lunch
  • 12:00 p.m. - Boys are finally done with lunch and I wash their hands and face and wipe Jon's nose yet again.
  • 12:20 p.m. Change diapers. (Andy must of changed them while i was gone, because they were both semi-dry.)
  • 12:30 p.m. - Put boys to bed for nap.
  • 12:40 p.m. - Go back in room to tell boys to be quite and to go to sleep. (Jon was already asleep, so I only had to tell Alex.)
  • 12:50 p.m. - I decided that I need a nap, instead of a shower, even though I know that Andy ans me are going out later on for dinner.
  • 2:15 p.m. - Andy wakes me up from nap, so that I can get ready.
  • 2:20 p.m. - Still not up from nap, but all of a sudden I am, because I hear Jon coughing over the baby monitor, that sounds like he is about the hack out a lung.
  • 2:21 p.m. - Grab Jon out of his crib and notice that he had been sweating (or still is), because there was a nice wet spot on his sheets a little bigger than his head and his hair was all wet. I also notice that he has this rash (red pen-sized dots) on the left side of his face and some on the right side, but not a lot. And, oh yeah, he is still coughing uncontrollably and screaming and crying
  • 2:22 p.m. - Try to console Jon, I gave him some water in hopes that it might help with the coughing and then gave him some Tylenol.
  • 2:35 p.m. - Jon has finally stopped screaming and crying. His cough has subsided a little bit, and I'm back to wiping his nose.
  • 2:40 p.m. - Change Jon's poopy diaper, while Andy gets his shower in, before his mom shows up to pick up the boys.
  • 2:50 p.m. - Alex is now up from his nap and both the boys are whining for a snack, so I get them so them cereal, because that's what they wanted.
  • 3:30 p.m. - Andy's mom shows up.
  • 4:00 p.m. - His mom is pulling out of the drive way with the boys in the back seat.

So this was my day with Jon. Now that I've written it all down, it really doesn't seem that bad. But when you have a child who you can't get the stop crying for more than 15 minutes, you feel like you have somehow failed to protect your child and keep him safe. I don't know if this played a factor to the screaming and runny nose, but Jon is also cutting teeth (about 8)

No comments: