Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Time For New Windows

After living in our home for about 3 years now, I have come to the decision that we need new windows in the house. I have based me decision on the following photos.

Aparently the previous owner did NOT care that the window was not the same depth size as the window they replaced, but I think I can explain why that is in another
And, they did NOT care that the wood stain did not match.

I couldn't understand why the brackets didn't want to come off the molding, but.....

....they installed the brackets first and then stained the wood the wrong color.... Nice Job!

Have I ever told you, that I hate it when a project it not done the right way......Seriously, who screws the curtain rod into the molding around the window?

Yes people, that is stain drippings that have dried on the window.

And you probably can't tell from this picture, but these windows do NOT open. Which is most likely the reason the window depth is not the same.

I think I have made my case about wanting new windows in the house. And this bay window is just 1 of 2....the dining room bay window is the exact same way. And since there is a total of only five windows in the entire house, not counting the front door and the back door, I could not "open up the house" and air it out during the cooler days of spring or fall.

No comments: